Starting mid-July, we’ve been able to bring back a number of KDRT programmers into the studio. This is accomplished with widely staggered air shifts and rigorous cleaning protocol. All shows can be heard live on KDRT 95.7 FM, and also streamed live at https://kdrt.org, where you can also find a schedule, program highlights, DJ contact info, or listen or download archived programs.
Here are some highlights:
• Sara TAPS is back with “The Awesome Patrol Show” Wednesdays 1-2 pm, highlighting the best of indie label music.
• “At Night I Fly” is an eight-part series with incarcerated poet Spoon Jackson about his life and poetry. In this series, Jackson dives into the complicated nature of being locked up and yet still growing. Producer Matthew Schneeman then dives into the same themes but on the outside -- connecting the two worlds. Jackson is in Solano State Prison. Show airs Sundays at noon.
• “3rd Streaming" with legendary broadcaster Gary Chew has returned to the studio on Tuesdays at a new time of 1-3 pm. Coined in 1957 by Brandeis University professor Gunther Schuller, “Third Stream” is a term used to describe the synthesis of classical and jazz.
• “The Chicken Years” on Wednesdays continues the show of the same named that aired on campus radio station KDVS from 1995 to 2018. DJ Mick Mucus Longtime KDVS DJ Mick Mucus highlights the diversity, history and enjoyment of punk music and culture, Wednesdays at 11 pm.
• Meraki Radio is “passing the mic” to people of color in our community. DJ Alison B has partnered with community activist Deema Tamimi to have frank discussions about structural inequality and systemic racism. Live Tuesdays from 12:30-1.
• “Timeout Radio” Launched by local 9th grader Rohan Baxi to help connect teens with their community. Live Fridays at 5 pm.
• Doctors on Cannabis is an educational program for the canna-curious that features medical experts ranging from MDs to PhDs, with a mission is to provide the highest quality medicinal information on cannabis, empowering people to make choices that can significantly improve their health and wellbeing. Host Alison Farley is live Thursdays from 4:30-5 pm.
• “COVID Community Report,” hosted by Autumn Labbe-Renault airs weekly live at noon on Tuesdays.
• Old favorites back on the air include Listening Lyrics with Pieter Pastoor; Silver Nine Volt Heart with DJ Rodriguez; Live Tracks With Jim Buchanan; Davisville with Bill Buchanan; Praise Time with Preacher; Jazz After Dark with Don Shor; Sounds So Sweet with Wayne Hagen; A Constant Grin with Chris Mussen; Davis Music Connections with Ned & Clyde; Davis Garden Show; That’s Life; The Wild Fox Party; The Folk Brothers, Twang Thang with DJ Dirk—and more!
All shows can be heard live on KDRT 95.7 FM, and also streamed live at https://kdrt.org, where you can also find a schedule, program highlights, DJ contact info, or listen or download archived programs.