- Tomato problems this year
- Water needed for growing food is more than water needed to just grow foliage
- Almond trees
- Nematodes -- what are they and what to do if you have them
- House plants that are, and are not, easy to grow
- Don recommends for new gardeners: Golden pothos (and relatives), Easy ZZ, and Snakeplant (Sanserveria)
- Growing trees indoors
- Ficus benjamina = flexible about lighting, but fussy when you move it.
- Is it too late to plant tomatos? Pepper? Pumpkins? YES, those get planted in the spring to be HARVESTED in the fall.
- Now is the time to start planning (and planting) your winter garden! (More details next show.)
To send a question/comment/suggestion to Don Shor and Lois Richter, email DavisGardenShow@gmail.com.
KDRT archives our current shows (from 2009 on). For earlier shows, see the complete archive of recordings at DavisGardenShow.com